Little Therapeas provides Occupational Therapy and Psychology services for children on the Sunshine Coast.
Psychology treatment can assist people with a behavioural, mental/emotional or cognitive disability/difficulty be as independent as possible to lead a more fulfilled life. Psychologists help children with various needs improve their skills and enhance their self-esteem and sense of accomplishment.
According to Australian Psychological Society (APS), the goal of psychology is not just to study human thinking and behaviour, but to put that knowledge into practice, to help people, communities, ad society in general to solve day-to-day problems and improve quality of life. Psychology is therefore also a profession devoted to helping people and the community find solutions to real life problems such as improving mental health and well being, learning, performance, relationships, and societal cohesiveness.
Children Who Might Need Psychology:
- autism/pervasive developmental disorders
- birth injuries or birth defects
- sensory processing disorders
- traumatic injuries (brain or spinal cord)
- learning problems
- mental health condition (e.g. anxiety, depression, bipolar)
- behavioural problems
- developmental delays
- spina bifida
- multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and other chronic illnesses